Kentucky Moving Companies: Your Trusted Relocation Specialists
Three Movers is a well-qualified moving company in Kentucky. Our professional movers work hard to provide outstanding service to residential and commercial customers completing local and long distance moves in Kentucky. Please get in touch with us when you need any of these services:
- Long-distance moving
- Local moving
- Full-service movers
- International moving
- Residential moves
- Commercial moves
- Moving and storage
- Movers and packers
- Movers with a truck
- Furniture moving
- Military moving
- Office moving
- Cheapest moving
- Moving storage
Long distance Kentucky movers
When you are preparing for a long distance move to or from Kentucky, you may be nervous about choosing a full service moving company to handle the projects of packing services, junk removal, loading and unloading, auto transport, storage solutions and kind of long distance moving services. You have many choices including North American van lines and international van lines, but how do you know which is the best professionally trained movers for you with affordable movers cost and excellent customer service? Three Movers suggests that you consider these tips to make the moving process less stressful:
- Consider full service movers that are registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. That agency, known as FMCSA, is part of the Department of Transportation and regulates interstate movers. You can verify the active registration of a long distance moving company on their website and review the mover’s safety record and complaint history.
- Request written estimates from several registered movers before you choose one. Regulations require that a mover conduct a visual survey of your household goods before submitting a rate quote. The estimate must include the shipment’s weight, the options for insurance (valuation) coverage, and the mover’s tariff, which is a list of policies and potential fees you could pay for service.
Local moving companies in Kentucky
For an intrastate move in Kentucky, the movers you choose from are licensed by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Vehicle Regulation, sometimes called KYTC. These local movers must file their tariff with the KYTC and follow the state’s licensing and insurance rules.
Most local projects will be priced by the hour, but ask about additional fees for driving time, materials, fuel, and insurance when you review the estimates. Just as with a long distance move, you should consider comparing estimates from several moving companies and ask the movers to conduct a visual inspection of your shipment before they prepare their bid for your upcoming move.
How much will it cost to move to or from Kentucky?
Moving costs depend on the shipment size and the distance from the origin to the destination. You may be able to complete a local move in Kentucky for under $1,000 in many cases. Still, the service level and the move logistics can raise that total. Long distance jobs are typically higher, with the cost to move the contents of a family home ranging from $3,000 to $8,000 or more.
Cost & Time Examples For Moving To Or From Kentucky, KY
|To / From Kentucky||Distance||2 BR||3 BR||4 BR|
|Kentucky, KY to Pacoima, CA||1874 miles||$3494 – $4713||$5796 – $8095||$8095 – $12329|
|Providence, RI to Kentucky, KY||756 miles||$2135 – $2941||$3659 – $5187||$5187 – $7981|
|Kentucky, KY to Wilmington, DE||514 miles||$1751 – $2440||$3054 – $4363||$4363 – $6749|
|Lockport, IL to Kentucky, KY||286 miles||$1411 – $1999||$2809 – $3645||$3645 – $5682|
|Kentucky, KY to Serafina, NM||1140 miles||$2548 – $3428||$4236 – $6052||$6056 – $9282|
|Supai, AZ to Kentucky, KY||1518 miles||$2982 – $4084||$4934 – $6934||$7000 – $10628|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors. Get a quote custom-tailored to you
Should I choose Kentucky full-service movers or rent a truck and move myself?
Deciding between hiring full-service movers or renting a truck and moving yourself is a significant choice that depends on various factors. Let’s explore the pros and cons of both options to help you make an informed decision:
Kentucky Full-Service Movers:
- Convenience: They handle the heavy lifting, packing, loading, transporting, and unloading.
- Efficiency: Experienced movers can typically pack and load faster and more securely than the average person.
- Safety: Less risk of personal injury as the professionals are trained to handle heavy and bulky items.
- Equipment: Movers come with the right equipment (dollies, blankets, straps) to move items safely.
- Insurance: Most reputable moving companies offer some level of insurance for your belongings.
- Stress: Reduces the overall stress and physical effort associated with moving.
- Cost: Typically more expensive than a DIY move.
- Less Flexibility: You’ll need to schedule your move according to the company’s availability.
- Potential for Mix-Ups: If the company is handling multiple moves simultaneously, there’s a chance for mix-ups.
Rent a Truck and Move Yourself:
- Cost Savings: Generally, this option is cheaper, especially for smaller moves or shorter distances.
- Complete Control: You decide how to pack, load, and organize. There’s no waiting for movers, and you set your own pace.
- Flexibility: You can choose when to pick up the truck, when to move, and when to return it.
- Physical Labor: You’re responsible for all the heavy lifting, which can be strenuous and risky.
- Time-Consuming: Packing, loading, driving, unloading – it all takes time, especially without professional help.
- Potential Damage: Without the proper equipment or experience, there’s a greater risk of damaging your belongings or the rental truck.
- Additional Costs: While the truck rental might seem affordable, remember to factor in fuel, insurance, and any additional equipment or supplies you need to rent or purchase.
- Stress: Managing a move yourself can be stressful, especially if unforeseen challenges arise.
Factors to Consider:
- Budget: If budget constraints are a significant concern, a DIY move might be preferable.
- Distance: For long-distance moves, full-service movers might be more practical.
- Size of Move: For a smaller move, such as a studio or one-bedroom apartment, a DIY move is often manageable. Larger moves might benefit from professional help.
- Physical Ability: Consider your physical health and that of any friends or family helping you.
- Time Availability: If you’re on a tight schedule, full-service movers can expedite the process.
- Value of Items: If you have many valuable or delicate items, professionals might be better equipped to move them safely.
Ultimately, the decision between hiring full-service movers in Kentucky or opting for a DIY move depends on your personal preferences, budget, and the specifics of your move. Evaluate the pros and cons in the context of your situation to make the best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Moving Companies
Before engaging with a moving company, you must know which items they won’t allow you to bring. Some are:
- Propane Tanks
- Some Batteries
- Pool Chemicals
- Motor Oil
- Paints and Nail Polish Remover
- Scuba Tanks
- Household Cleaners
Kentucky is eminent for its enthralling view, warm character, rural culinary legacy, the origination of twang music, and whiskey’s unique homeplace. That is the reason countless individuals from across the United States visit the Bluegrass State. Before moving to Kentucky, you must consider the timing. Higher transportation costs may eat up your savings if you drive from April to July due to the demand for a traveler count increase. Tourists don’t visit Kentucky in November, so it’s the best time for you to move.
An average local move takes two to four weeks of planning, while long-distance moves take at least three to six weeks of preparation.
Although free quotations gathered via phone and web forms are already 90% accurate to the price range, conducting an on-site inspection must first occur before providing our clients the final written moving statement. If a company asks for a pre-service price without going through an on-site inspection, either contact a moving company regulator or cancel the engagement altogether.
Before going through the official document signing with a moving company, you must ask for their license to verify their service offers. If you are moving household items from your home to Kentucky, your mover should be authorized by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Vehicle Regulation, Division of Motor Carriers (KYTC).
If you have more questions, you can reach the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) at 888-368-7238.
Yes, last-minute moves are possible, but you must consider a few factors such as:
- Distance. How far is your destination?
- Peak Period. Are you moving during Kentucky’s most eventful month? Moving during the busiest period of a city is usually more costly due to the transportation’s demand.
- The volume and weight of the items you’re moving.
- The availability of moving companies. As we mentioned, you must consider if you’re moving during the busiest period. Moves made during this month take months of reservation.
Your friendly UPS Store location is here to help in Kentucky, to provide convenient services near you! Take advantage of all the shredding, shipping, faxing, packing, printing, notarizing, and mailbox services that you need, all in one place. Some of the items we have to help with your move are TV Moving boxes, Wardrobe moving boxes, Picture moving boxes, and large moving boxes.
The UPS Store branches are privately owned and operated and in the neighborhood near you. Below is a list of 3 UPS Store branches in Kentucky.
The UPS Store #1414
Address: 1303 US Hwy 127 South Ste 402
Frankfort, KY 40601
Telephone: (502) 875-3366
FAX: (502) 875-0004
Email: [email protected]
The UPS Store E Broadway
Address: 743 E Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202
Telephone: (502) 584-2802
FAX: (502) 584-2895
Email: [email protected]
The UPS Store E High St
Address: 838 E High St., Lexington, KY 40502
FAX: (859) 269-0042
Telephone: (859) 268-6231
Email: [email protected]
You can visit their website to get links to a specific location.