Full Service Movers Cost
Published on 2022-08-11
Are you thinking about hiring professional movers for your upcoming move? Oftentimes, a full service move is an ideal choice for those who are too busy to pack up and move their home by themselves. It’s also a good choice for anyone who is moving last minute, being relocated by their job, or simply doesn’t have the energy to DIY their move. Fortunately, with full service movers, you can sit back, relax, and let them handle every detail – without even lifting a finger.
However, you may be wondering, “how much do full service movers cost?” Well, when it comes to full service moves, you certainly get what you pay for. Your movers are going to pack up your belongings, load them into the moving truck, provide transportation, and unload everything at your new place. They may even reconstruct furniture that was disassembled prior to the move and do all of your unpacking for you.
How Much Do Full Service Movers Cost?
If you’ve ever had to move on your own, you know how stressful and overwhelming it can be. For this reason, many choose to opt for a full service move. While hiring full service movers may be the most convenient way to move, it comes at a hefty price. The cost of hiring full service movers depends on a number of factors, with the amount of items to be moved and the distance they need to travel having the biggest impact.
With that said, the average cost of full service movers for those moving under 100 miles is between $80 and $100 an hour. Whereas, moving over 100 miles for a long-distance move can be significantly more expensive – ranging in price from $2,000 to over $5,000 per move.
Fortunately, the best advantage to hiring a professional full service moving company, like Three Movers, is that they provide an estimate of costs prior to the move. This is a crucial step to finding out exactly how much you have to spend on your move, which helps you budget accordingly.
Factors that Decide the Cost of Full Service Movers
There are three key factors that determine the cost of hiring full service movers:
- The total weight of your belongings
- The amount of labor required
- The distance between your current location and your new home
These factors are what play the biggest role in deciding how affordable or expensive it is to hire full service movers. However, these aren’t the only factors to consider.
Additional Factors that Impact Full Service Moving Cost
In addition to weight, labor, and distance, the following factors can influence the total cost of moving with professional full service movers.
- Travel fees. This plays into the distance, but travel fees can add up significantly when you’re moving long distances. These fees factor in fuel costs and the labor costs for getting your belongings from one home to another.
- Packing services. Are you choosing to have your movers pack and unpack your stuff? While this is incredibly convenient, it can raise the price of your move by a couple of hundred dollars, if not more.
- Additional services. The cost of hiring full service movers will be influenced by any additional services that you choose to include. This may be the hauling of specialty items, disassembling and reassembling of furniture, and the moving supplies that movers provide.
- Your moving date. The date that you move is just as important as how you move. Believe it or not, the specific date can have a drastic impact on the price. For instance, moving on a weekend and/or during peak moving season typically costs more than an off-season move during the week.
- Insurance coverage. If you’re working with a moving company, you likely need to buy some form of liability coverage. Fortunately, most movers offer different levels of protection based on your needs, such as Basic Release Value Protection and Full Value Protection. However, you may still have to purchase additional third-party insurance.
- Storage. If your move is especially complex, you may need to place your items in storage before, during, or after the move. Of course, you can expect to pay extra for this service. Rates vary based on the moving company, so make sure you inquire about details.
Hire Affordable Full Service Movers
Beyond simply loading and unloading the moving truck, Three Movers offers additional services to simplify your move. While full service moves are certainly more expensive than DIYing your own relocation, the time, stress, and energy that you save are often worth the expense. As a full service moving company, we can assist you with every aspect of your moving experience.
The best way to find out how much full service movers cost is to get in touch with one of our moving specialists and receive an estimate. Contact us today to receive your free, no-obligation moving quote and find out how you could save up to 20% when you choose Three Movers as your full service movers.