How Much Do PODS Cost For Moving – Price Of PODS Moving Containers
Published on 2021-01-06
PODS moving containers are a popular way to move locally or across the country. But, the cost of PODS moving containers can be a concern for some. You can contact Three Movers to recognize the best moving option for you. Need more info about PODS and how much do PODS cost for moving, as well as alternatives to PODS? Let’s go over what you should know about this moving method.
What Are PODS Moving Containers And How Do They Work?
PODS is a moving container service that drops off a special box or “pod” at your home on a pre-arranged date. Then, you fill up the PODS moving container with all of your stuff, and it’s picked up and shipped to your new home.
You won’t get any moving assistance from PODS. It is a moving container company and not a moving company. So you and your friends or family will need to load up the storage box on your own. PODS is a popular choice for people who are moving but may not want to rent a truck for their DIY move.
How Much Do Pods Cost To Move?
According to PODS, it usually costs between $349 to $549 for a local move. For a long-distance move, PODS moving cost is about $999 to $2,999 To get more accurate information on the cost of PODS moving containers, you need to get updated from time to time. This fee includes a month of storage, and the PODS pricing will vary depending on how far you’re moving, and your timeframe.
Main Factors affecting the cost of moving:
- Container sizes
- Distance of the move
- How long do you need the storage unit for
Cost Of PODS
|Average Cost For Local Moves||$350 – $550|
|Average Cost For Long Distance Moves||$1000 – $3000|
|PODS Storage Unit Cost||Starting from $150 a month|
|Average Delivery And Pick up Fees||$75|
Are There Other Options Than PODS For Moving My Stuff?
Once you find out how much PODS usually costs, you will figure out that it is not an affordable moving option. If that’s the case, you should look into more affordable moving options.
If you want to move your stuff on your own, you can rent a truck or a van instead of a storage container and load it up yourself, then drive it to your new home. This may be a better option than a PODS container for some people who want to save with DIY moving.
Your other option is to hire a moving company like Three Movers. The big advantage of doing this, compared to using PODS moving container, is that you don’t have to load or unload your stuff on your own.
Instead, you’ll get the help of a few strong, experienced, and knowledgeable movers who can load and unload your stuff safely. This saves you the effort of moving stuff on your own and the headache of finding friends or family members who can help you load or unload your PODS container.
In addition, we offer full-service moving at Three Movers. In this method of moving, we don’t just load and unload your stuff – we’ll pack it up at your old home and unpack it at your new home, too! This makes things even easier for you.
Other Good Portable Moving Container Companies
PODS is one of the best portable moving container companies in the USA. But, there are other good options too that may better suit your needs. They are:
- U Pack Relocube
- Zippy Shell
- U Haul
- Smart Box
Difference Between Hiring A Full Service Moving Company And PODS Container
Do you want to relocate but don’t know the best way to do it? Then we can help. While using moving companies with trucks has been an age-old practice, using moving containers has also become a popular trend nowadays.
Pros of PODS
- You don’t have to spend time vet moving companies as PODS is a reliable company that is known. There are many full-service movers to choose from, and you may not always end up choosing the right one.
- PODS moving containers are very secure places to put your belongings. You may not know what kind of space you’ll have to put your stuff in when hiring a full-service moving company.
- PODS containers can also be used as storage units. So, you can also use PODS to clear your home temporarily or move out now but relocate to the new home later.
- Once you get PODS containers, you may take time to pack and load your stuff without needing professional helpers by your side all the time.
Pros Of Full-Service Movers
- There isn’t an unlimited no. of PODS. Plus, they work on a strict schedule. So, they are not suitable for emergency same-day moves.
- Full-service movers can handle every aspect of the move from start to finish. From packing, loading, and disassembly to setting up your new place, the movers can do everything for you. But, when you choose PODS, you’ll have to do a lot of work by yourself.
- Portable moving container companies like PODS have very limited options for container sizes. But, you can get a truck or a container of almost any size from moving companies. And, if you hire a good moving company, you don’t have to worry about the quality of the space to keep your belongings being bad.
Contact Three Movers For The Moving Help You Need Nationwide
Don’t have the time or energy to load and unload a PODS storage unit on your own? Professional moving services from Three Movers can help you save time and streamline your move even when you are using portable storage containers.
Ready to get started? Contact us online or give us a call at (888) 908-6496 to speak with one of our associates, learn more about our availability and pricing for our services, and schedule your move. We operate nationwide, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are PODS cheaper than U-haul?
Generally speaking, PODS are not cheaper than U haul but not by much. But, PODS are worth it because they are better than U-haul trucks in almost every other aspect.
What does it cost to rent a pod?
You can rent a 16-foot PODS container to store on your personal property for as low as $120.
What should you not pack in PODS moving containers?
Illegal items, motorized vehicles and hazardous materials like toxic chemicals & flammable objects should not be packed in PODS moving containers.
What can fit in a 16-foot pod?
16-foot PODS containers can easily hold stuff present in 3-4 bedroom average-sized houses.
How do you pack a pod?
The best way to pack a pod is to distribute your appliances and furniture equally in every part of the PODS and using evenly sized boxes.
Can PODS be dropped off and picked up on the same day?
Yes, PODS can be dropped off and picked up on the same day.
Do PODS damage driveways?
No, if operated properly, there will be no damage to your driveway caused by PODS. They are delivered by using an advanced forklift system.