How Much Do Pods Cost for Moving?
Published on 2022-07-17
PODS moving containers are popular for moving locally or across the country. But, the cost of moving PODS can be a concern for some. You can contact Three Movers to recognize the best moving option for you. Need more info about PODS pricing and how much do PODS cost for moving, as well as alternatives to PODS? Let’s go over what you should know about this moving method.
What Are PODS Moving Containers And How Do Moving PODS Work?
PODS is a moving container service that drops off a special box or “pod” at your home on a pre-arranged date. Then, you fill up the PODS moving container with all of your stuff, and it’s picked up and shipped to your new home.
You won’t get any moving assistance from PODS. It is a moving container company and not a moving company. So you and your friends or family will need to load up the storage box on your own. PODS is a popular choice for people who are moving but may not want to rent a truck for their DIY move.
What Are the Factors That Affect How Much Pods Charges?
Different factors affect moving container costs, such as Container sizes, Distance of the move, How long you need the storage containers, etc.
Moving Route (Distance)
Distance is one of the most critical factors affecting moving container costs. Cross-country moves will likely cost more than local moves to use PODS.
How Much Stuff Do You Have?
The size of the thing you move affects pod moving cost and determines how much do pods cost for moving and storage.
The Timing Of The Move Year
Summer and spring are moving sessions, meaning all professional movers are busy, and expensive to reserve a container during those months.
The Number and Size of Containers
The size of moving items needs more pods and storage containers to carry moving objects. The number of containers may also increase the moving container cost.
The Dimension of PODS
Large: 16 feet long, 8 feet wide, 8 feet high.
Medium: 12 feet long, 8 feet wide, 8 feet high
Small: 8 feet long, 7 feet wide, 8 feet tall, etc.
PODs are a reasonable way to pack and relocate your belongings whenever it’s most convenient.
Tips to Reduce the Cost of Moving PODS
There are numerous ways to cut down the cost of moving pods, such as:
- Research about Pods moving cost in advance. Whether you have enough time to choose budget-friendly moving pods.
- Negotiate with the pods moving company because they regularly offer discounts and special offers and know how much pods cost to move.
- Compare the costs and services different pod moving companies provide to find the most suitable option for your specific needs.
- If possible, schedule your move during the off-season to save on costs. Spring and summer are the busiest times for pods moving, so try to avoid peak season and move during the off-peak season instead. This way, you can secure a more affordable price and have greater flexibility in choosing your moving date.
- When selecting a pods moving company, prioritize finding one that meets your requirements and provides quality moving services rather than just choosing the cheapest option. The cheapest option may not necessarily be the best one for you.
How Much Do Moving Pods Cost?
According to PODS, it usually costs between $349 to $549 for a local move. For a long-distance move, PODS moving cost, the average cost for a pod for moving is about $999 to $2,999. To get more accurate information on the cost of PODS moving container services, you need to get updated from time to time. This fee includes a month of demand storage, and the PODS pricing will vary depending on how far you’re moving and your timeframe.
How Much Does the Moving Company Charge for Moving Pods by the Hour?
- Hourly rates for pods: $150 to $200.
- Fuel escalation fee: $50 to $75
- per hour for insurance: $10 to $25
- Cost of labor: $50 to $75 per hour for each employee
- Cost per mile: $0.75 to $1.50
- Taxes and fees: Location-specific
- Additional services, including packaging, loading, and unloading based on the business and the services required.
- Cost: $250 to $400 total per hour (depending on location and services requested)
The expenses shown above are approximations and could change depending on the business and area. Prior to entering into a contract, it is crucial to obtain an estimate from the moving company.
How Much Do Pods Cost for Moving and Storage
|Average Cost For Local Moves||$350 – $550|
|Average Cost For Long Distance Moves||$1000 – $3000|
|PODS Storage Unit Cost||Starting from $150 a month|
|Average Delivery And Pick-up Fees||$75|
Are There Other Options to Find Out How Much Pods Cost for Moving and What Pods Are for Moving My Stuff?
Once you find out how much do moving pods cost, you will discover that it is not an affordable satisfying option. If that’s the case, you should look into more affordable moving options.
If you want to move your stuff on your own, you need to know how much pods cost to move. You can rent a truck or van instead of a storage container, load it up yourself, and then drive it to your new home. This may be a better option than a PODS container for some people who want to save with DIY moving.
Your other option is to hire a moving company like Three Movers. Compared to using PODS moving and storage unit services, the significant advantage of doing this is that you don’t have to load or unload your stuff alone.
Instead, you’ll get the help of a few strong, experienced, and knowledgeable movers who can load and unload your stuff safely. This saves you the effort of moving stuff on your own and the headache of finding friends or family members who can help you load or unload your PODS container.
In addition, we offer full-service moving at Three Movers. In this method of moving, we don’t just load and unload your stuff – we’ll pack it up at your old home and unpack it at your new home, too! This makes things even easier for you.
Other Good Portable Moving Container Company
PODS is one of the best portable storage container moving companies in the USA. But, there are other good options too that may better suit your needs. They are:
- U Pack Relocube
- Zippy Shell
- U Haul
- Smart Box
Difference Between Hiring A Full Service Moving Company And PODS Container
Do you want to relocate but don’t know the best way to do it? Then we can help. While using moving container companies with trucks has been an age-old practice, using moving containers has also become a popular trend.
Pros of PODS
- You don’t have to spend time vetting moving companies as PODS is a reliable company that is known. There are many full-service movers to choose from, and you may not always end up choosing the right one.
- PODS moving containers are very secure places to put your belongings. You may not know what kind of space you’ll have to put your stuff in when hiring a full-service moving company.
- PODS containers can also be used as storage units. So, you can also use a PODS container to clear your home temporarily or move out now but relocate to the new house later.
- Once you get PODS containers, you may take time to pack and load your stuff without needing professional helpers by your side all the time.
Pros Of Full-Service Movers
- There isn’t an unlimited no. of PODS. Plus, they work on a strict schedule. So, they are not suitable for emergency same-day moves.
- Full-service movers can handle every aspect of the move from start to finish. From packing, loading, and disassembly to setting up your new place, the movers can do everything for you. But, when you choose a PODS container, you’ll have to do a lot of work yourself.
- Portable moving container companies like PODS have very limited options for container sizes. But, you can get a truck or a container of almost any size from moving companies. And, if you hire a good moving company, you don’t have to worry about the quality of the space to keep your belongings from being harmful.
Comparing How Much Does Moving Pods Cost?
Comparing how much do pods cost for moving? PODS offers competitive pricing at a comparable price point to other moving container businesses like U-Box, UPack, Zippy Shell, and Pack Rat. The difference between U-Box and the competition is that they offer hardwood containers, which are smaller and can support less weight.
While competitors like UPack may be less expensive for more extensive and extended moves, PODS container costs are lower for smaller and shorter transfers.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Pods As Moving Containers?
Moving pods are flexible because you can rent them for whatever length you need and deliver them to your door once you start packing. You can take your time and pack gradually as a result.
If you use a moving pod, you won’t need to be concerned about a truck rental. and relocating all of your possessions alone. When you’re ready to relocate, the firm will pick up the pod and bring it to your door.
Moving pods can be more affordable than using a regular moving company or renting a vehicle. Pods are typically less expensive than storage facilities.
Secure And Safe
Your items will be kept safe and secure while in travel using weather-resistant moving pods with locking mechanisms.
Using a moving pod will help you pack your items in an organized manner, aiding in unpacking when you reach your destination.
Some moving pod companies offer climate-controlled units, shielding your stuff from high temperatures, extreme heat, and other elements.
After you move, you can use the pod for storing various items that you don’t need in your new home.
Pods can be picked up at one location and delivered to another, saving you the hassle of hauling your items from one place to another.
Contact Three Movers For The Moving Help You Need Nationwide
Don’t have the time or energy to load and unload a PODS storage unit on your own? and know more about how much do pods cost for moving? Professional moving services from Three Movers can help you save time and streamline your move even when you are using portable storage containers.
Ready to get started? Contact us online or give us a call at (888) 202-0036 to speak with one of our associates, learn more about our availability and pricing for our services, and schedule your move. We operate nationwide, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally speaking, PODS are not cheaper than U haul but not by much. But, PODS are worth it because they are better than U-haul trucks in almost every other aspect.
You can rent a 16-foot PODS container to store on your personal property for as low as $120.
Illegal items, motorized vehicles, and hazardous materials like toxic chemicals & flammable objects should not be packed in PODS moving containers.
Generally,16-foot PODS containers cost $120 and can easily hold stuff present in 3-4 bedroom average-sized houses.
The best way to pack a pod is to distribute your appliances and furniture equally in every part of the PODS and use evenly sized boxes.
Yes, PODS can be dropped off and picked up on the same day.
No, if operated properly, there will be no damage to your driveway caused by PODS. They are delivered by using an advanced forklift system.
Here is some detail about the pods and bedrooms that you need while moving. Choose one that fulfills your requirements.
8-foot pod: Studio/1-bedroom apartment
12-foot pod: 3-bedroom apartment
16-foot pod: 4-bedroom apartment
Our Three Movers offers different moving pods that protect your items, such as Steel pods containers, Wooden pods containers, Plastic pods containers, and Aluminum pods containers.