Non-Broker Moving Companies
Published on 2021-02-11
Moving a long distance can be a complicated and frustrating activity, considering all the different things that go into it.
If you want to take nerves out of the entire process, and ensure your long-distance move goes smoothly, Three Movers would be happy to help, with affordable and high-quality moving services that are just a few clicks away! We are one of the best non-broker moving companies.
Movers vs Brokers
Movers are the professional workers who work for moving companies whereas brokers are like salespeople who arrange the moving companies for the moving people. There is a vast difference between the movers and the brokers. Here you can learn why moving companies are trustworthy and brokers are not. Benefits of using the movers while moving and avoiding using the brokers. Let’s dig in:
Moving companies are the type of businesses that perform the actual move. They provide services like moving trucks or vans, professional movers, and other moving equipment. The cost of moving companies varies depending on the weights, items, and distance. The cost estimation will be provided by the moving companies before the move. The additional fees are also added for the prepping appliances which might add to the moving company’s liability and reduce your level of comfort during the transfer. If you want to move your belongings safely then movers are the best and risk-free.
Benefits of moving with movers
- Professional packing and unpacking: With the help of their professional movers, all the belongings will be packed in the right way and unpacked on the same day so that you can arrange the thing quickly.
- Protection from damage: Any damages or loss will be covered by the insurance of moving companies so there is nothing to worry about damages.
- Save time and energy: Professional movers will do the packing as well as unpacking job quickly which saves time. On the other hand, your heavy and large objects are also lifted by the moving companies. That’s why moving companies are best if you are planning to move.
Moving Brokers are not real movers. They work as agents between the moving companies and customers. Brokers are salespeople, they don’t have companies with professional movers and own trucks or vehicles. So, there will be a high chance of misunderstanding and problems during the move. Hiring a broker to move is cheaper than the moving companies but they require a down payment and do not have a guarantee to move our belongings safely and quickly.
Avoid using the brokers
- Most of the moving brokers do not have proper licenses.
- They do not provide an accurate cost estimate and increase the price unexpectedly.
- They ask for the down payment right after you hire the moving company.
- It is not sure whether your belongings will be safely delivered or not.
Why Select Movers and Not Brokers?
Consumers may not be too familiar with the differences between a moving company and a broker, but they actually provide different services altogether.
A moving broker’s job is to find you the type of service you want. The company they work for does not have its own fleet of trucks or movers but looks to third parties in order to find you the right people. A moving company has its own moving truck. The problem is, when you put the two face to face, working directly with a moving company that is not broker is a lot more convenient than going through moving brokers. For your moving needs, you should always choose moving companies, not brokers. The reasons to hire a moving company rather than a broker are:
- It’s more affordable – with a moving company, you only have to cover the moving costs of the services you choose, such as moving, or other special services. Brokers work on a commission that is usually added to the cost of the service, meaning that you will likely have to pay a bit more, on average, if you choose a brokerage service;
- You can do your own research – brokers claim they will look at multiple moving companies and choose the moving company that best suits your needs, but this isn’t always the case. Brokers have partnerships with a handful of moving companies and van lines, and they will recommend the company they know, not necessarily the best company around. On the other hand, you can look into the reputation and services of an actual moving company yourself, and make an informed decision. For example, you can check for the reputation of actual movers on sites like better business bureau and Yelp.
- Better communication – working with a moving company directly could make the process easier from a communications point of view. You don’t have to contact a broker every time you want to change something, and then hope the moving broker passes on the information accurately.
Also, with a broker company, you won’t get instant online quotes. You can talk directly to the movers, who will help you plan the entire process based on what you need.
Instead of working with a moving broker, some long-distance moving companies are both moving brokers and movers. Through their customer service and professional movers, they will explain the moving process to you and ensure that you understand every detail in your moving estimate. But we still advise you to avoid moving brokers near you.
Why Choose Three Movers
Three Movers has decades of experience in the business as one of the leading moving service providers. Unlike other moving companies, we provide excellent service at the most affordable rates. As relocation service providers, we started at the bottom, and have built ourselves up to provide better, more inclusive same-day moving services, such as long-distance moves.
As a full-service moving company, we can assist with all that you will need during your entire moving process including packing services, storage services, and junk removals. There aren’t many full service movers out there. We are among the finest non-broker moving companies.
With us, you will get:
- Expert support – we know everything there is about moving long-distance, and we’ll use that knowledge to help you plan your move to perfection
- A stress-free move – our team is highly trained and insurance, giving you additional peace of mind that your possessions are in good hands
- Any type of help you need – we offer extensive moving service you can choose, or choose to ignore. It is really up to you.
To learn more about our long-distance moving services, call for free at (888) 202-0036 for a free quote! Also, check out our customer reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Moving company brokers may not always check their moving companies’ credentials, such as their insurance status and history of a few complaints. You just get to know the actual mover on a moving day.
Household Goods(HHG) Broker has contact with a person, partnership, or companies that get paid for organizing the transportation of household goods items via a licensed motor carrier.
Before moving you, reputable movers won’t demand cash or a sizable payment. Typically, payment is made at delivery. You have no control over when you’ll see your belongings again if you pay in advance. When you do pay, use credit to avoid any fraud activity.