Moving Companies Nearby
Published on 2021-02-01
Professional Movers Nearby – Why Hire Movers For Your Local Or Long Distance Move?
Not sure if you want to look for local moving companies your home for moving services? Considering a DIY move where you use a rental truck instead?
There are a few reasons why most people choose to hire local movers or long distance movers – let’s take a look at the benefits of hiring professionals to move your stuff to your new home.
What Are My Options For Hiring Movers Nearby? Standard Vs. Full-Service
Before we begin, it’s important to distinguish between standard moving services and full-service moving.
- Standard moving involves the cheap movers coming to your old home, picking up your packed moving boxes, moving them into the truck, and then moving them into your new home. You are responsible for packing and preparing your stuff before your move.
- Full-service moving is more expensive, but your movers will come to your home before your move to pack up all your possessions and prepare them for moving. Then, they will unload it at your new home, and move and unpack your belongings according to your instructions. Basically, your movers will handle every step of the process, including packing & unpacking. They can even help with cleaning services and junk removal.
Not all moving companies nearby your location will offer full-service moving, so if you’re interested in this service, sure to double-check before you commit to using a particular moving service.
The Benefits Of Hiring Professionals To Make Your Move
In most cases, it will cost more to find local movers than it would to make the move on your own – but it’s almost always worth it for the following reasons.
- Avoid the time & headaches of moving your own stuff – Moving is very physically taxing, and can take a long time, particularly if you’re moving alone or only have one helper. Moving with the pros is a lot faster.
- Simplify planning – You’ll know exactly when your stuff will be shipped, when it will arrive, how long the job will take, and more. This means it’s easier to plan other aspects of your move.
- Get peace of mind – Your valuable household goods will be packed up professionally for your move, and will be protected by insurance throughout the moving process. This gives you valuable peace of mind.
- Benefit from professional tools & equipment – Movers have dollies, trucks with liftgates, packing materials like furniture blankets, and other equipment you may not be able to use in a DIY move, which makes the process faster and more efficient, and helps protect your stuff.
What To Do Before Hiring Movers Nearby
When you’ve decided to hire movers, you need to exercise due diligence before hiring a mover. First ensure that the move is licensed by relevant authorities. If it’s a local company, they should have the state moving license. Interstate and cross country movers should have the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s license. Insurance coverage is also mandatory for all moving companies.
Check for the mover’s reputation by reading real customer reviews on sites like Yelp and Better Business Bureau. You can also ask to speak to the company’s past or recent customers to ask them questions about their experience with the company.
Lastly, you should insists on getting an in-home moving estimates which are inventory based. Be careful of any company may want to skip this step. While virtual inspection is allowed, gving out online estimates is not.
Interested In Hiring Moving Companies Nearby? Contact Three Movers Now!
Three Movers provides expert local and long distance moving services throughout the entire United States. If you’re interested in hiring a moving company near you, we’re a great choice. With both standard and full-service moving available, our team of veteran, experienced movers is always here to help you streamline the moving process. Contact us online or call at (888) 908-6496 to get started now.