How Much Does Moving a Pool Table Cost?
Published on 2020-07-02
Since establishing our company 20 years ago, Three Movers has been involved in some very unique moving experiences. From moving individuals that were living in studios and small apartments to helping large families relocate a multi-level household with 4 or more bedrooms, we’ve just about seen it all. Although we are able to handle most households, there are some items that require more than just the normal or standard moving skills, one of which is pool table moving.
What is involved in moving a pool table?
Unless you’ve been thoroughly trained in all facets of moving billiards and pool tables, this is a job that should only be entrusted to those professionals that are experienced and knowledgeable in moving this type of item. Due to their bulkiness and weight (some pool tables can weigh upwards of 1,000 pounds), it can be extremely difficult to move pool tables.
Not only is weight a factor, but it also requires a tedious disassembly process just to load it onto a moving trailer or truck. Then the process must be reversed when reassembling it at its eventual destination. This requires skill and delicate handling which our crew possess. We’ll ensure that it is safely dismantled and reassembled where you want it.
Is Hiring Professional Pool Table Movers Worth the Cost?
In a word, ABSOLUTELY! A pool table is not only a decorative and functional piece of furniture that affords the owner, their family, and friends’ countless hours of entertainment; it probably has a great deal of sentimental value. Not only do we disassemble and pack the pool table parts, but we also provide unpacking services and help assemble the item when it reaches the destination.
This in itself is the best reason to hire professionals for moving it. Moving something of such immense size and weight can be an extremely difficult and unforgiving task for the average individual. When you hire a team of specialists, they will have the proper equipment and tools to ensure the job is done properly and without any unforeseen issues arising.
Factors Affecting The Cost To Move a Pool Table
There are a number of factors that influence the average cost of pool table relocation. In many cases, you’ll either be charged by the hour or a flat rate depending on how far it’s going to be moved. Factors determining pool table moving cost include:
- Distance the table is getting transported: The cost of moving a pool table depends on the distance between the pickup and the delivery locations. The shorter the moving distance, the easier it is to relocate the table, and hence lesser is the moving cost.
- Size of the table: The size of the pool table is one of the first things the moving company asks about when planning to make a move. The pool tables come in different sizes, weights, and models. The heavier the table is, the more expensive is the moving charge.
- Manufacturer of the table: There are different manufactures of pool tables, and depending on the brand and the year of manufacture, the tables need to be disassembled and assembled in a specific way.
- Type of ball return systems and pockets: Along with size and weight, the price of pool table moving is also influenced by the pocket style of the table and the number of slates it has. Theoretically, the easier the table is to dismantle, transport, and assemble, the lesser the moving cost is likely to be.
- Additional services required: Any additional or special services can add to the moving cost. Any circumstances that make the pool table moving process more difficult increase the final price. Those peculiarities may involve many stairs, narrow doorways, no elevators, etc.
- Positioning of the table on the moving truck
How Much To Move A Slate Pool Table
Most of the pool tables we that we move are slate pool tables. They are heavier than their wooden counterparts. This means they moving them costs more. Moving wooden pool tables may not always require professional moving help. So, we’ll mostly talk about the cost of moving slate pool tables. You can expect that the cost of moving a wooden pool table will be lower.
The size of the pool table and the distance of the move are the two most important factors when calculating the pool table moving cost. There will be lower variations in moving costs because of other factors. A 6 foot pool table weighs around 500 pounds on average and 12 foot pool table can weigh upto 2500 pounds. Because of this, the moving estimates can significantly vary even when the distance of the move is similar. Using professional assembly and disassembly services will also cost extra. The city you live in will also affect the cost.
To clear any doubt, you can apply for a free pool table moving quote with Three Movers. You can expect to pay less for relocating the pool table if you want to hire us to move many items at once.
How Much Does It Cost To Move A Slate Pool Table
On average, the cost of moving a pool table will be $400 to $600. But, we have moved a pool table for as low as $200. The cost can exceed $1500 if you are moving the pool table across the country. You’ll pay $3 per mile on average for the first 100 miles and $1 for each extra mile after that when moving cross country moves. For some pool tables, the cost of moving across the country may not be worth it.
If our clients want it, we can also receive the payment based on hourly rates. For moving a pool table, we have been asking for an hourly rate of $50-$60 on average. You do not have to worry about the efficiency of our movers when paying hourly rates.
On top of regular costs, it is appropriate to tip your movers. You can tip any amount you want. Most people tip at least 5% of the total moving cost.
Cost to Disassemble Pool Table
When you pay for our full services moves in order to move a pool table, the cost of disassembling furniture is included in it. But, if you only want to pay for only disassembly service and carry out the rest of your move, you can still help you. While we recommend hiring professional movers to complete the move from start to finish, we’ll respect your decision if you choose not to do so.
To disassemble the pool table you should expect to pay $250 on average. This price also includes the cost of assembling the Pool table. The disassembly cost mainly depends on the size of the pool table.
What should I expect when hiring professional pool table movers?
The primary reason for hiring experienced and skilled professionals from a moving company to move your pool table is to ensure that any damage will be covered by their “valuation” or moving insurance. When hiring these individuals, here is what you can expect:
- They will ask some questions regarding your pool table in order to give you the most accurate quote possible. For instance, they’ll need to know the age of the table, the brand or model, and whether or not it is going up or down a flight of stairs.
- They will typically charge an hourly rate for a short-distance move. If, on the other hand, it is going to be moved a long distance, they will charge a rate that is based on the distance you’re moving and the weight of the pool table.
Whether you’re moving your household by renting a truck and enlisting the help of your family members and friends, Three Movers highly recommends that you hire the best professional moving company that provides the best moving services. Also, especially for a pool table relocation, we suggest you hire professional pool table movers near you. While there are numerous steps involved in moving this type of item successfully, anything can happen.
How to Move Pool / Billiard Tables?
First and foremost, the easiest way to move a pool table is to hire professionals. The cost of moving a billiard/pool table with professional movers is totally worth it because of the amount of work they have to put in. There are several steps involved in the process of pool table relocation, most of which involve taking it apart in order to load it easier. This is how the professionals do it:
- Step 1 – remove the pockets
- Step 2 – remove the bumpers and the corners
- Step 3 – remove the felt (depending on the condition this is in, it may be time to replace it anyway, so plan for this just in case)
- Step 4 – remove the slate (there could be two or three pieces weighing up to 150 lbs. each)
- Step 5 – unscrew and remove the legs
Once these steps are completed, wrap the individual pieces and secure them once they are loaded onto the truck. These are secured properly so that there is no damage during transit.
To learn more about professional pool table moving, contact Three Movers at your earliest convenience. Our business representatives would be glad to be of assistance and will answer your queries. Additionally, we offer no-obligation, FREE quote on the move. Call us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is moving a pool table worth it?
Yes, moving a pool table is definitely worth it. The cost of moving a pool table locally is a lot less than the cost of buying a pool table.
How much does it cost to move a 3 slate pool table?
Moving a 3 slate pool table is less expensive than moving a 1 slate pool table. The average cost of moving a slate table can range from $550 to $800 based on the city you live in.
How much does a 4×8 slate pool table weigh?
On average the 4X8 slate pool table weighs around 700 pounds. These pool tables are usually lighter when new.
How much does it cost to move and Refelt a pool table?
On average it costs $200 to refelt a pool table.
Can I move a pool table by myself?
Moving a pool table by yourself is not easy. You will need help if you are looking to move in a quick time. There can be issues if you try to move a pool table by yourself.
Is it hard to disassemble a pool table?
Disassembling a pool table can be tricky. You can damage your pool table if you don’t disassemble it properly. So. it’s better to hire a professional to disassemble a pool table when you are looking to move.
How do I dispose of a pool table?
You need to take help from a local garbage removal service to dispose of a pool table. You need to disassemble the pool table before the garbage removers take it away.
How do you move a pool table by yourself?
To move a pool table by yourself, you need to know how to disassemble it first. Then you can use equipment like dollies and furniture sliders to move the pool table.